The 21 Day Prayer Guide
A blood donor saved my life! For years I have been a blood donor giving as often as I can. The American Red Cross has this slogan to save a life with the gift of blood. I know there are many people who are unable to physically give blood but take hope you can still give the gift of life.
A blood donor saved my life! I was in a wreck, caught and trapped unable to escape. I was turned upside down, darkness was closing in, fear filled every breathe I took, anxiety was paralyzing, and hope, well there was none. No one knew of my helplessness and how death was closing in on me. I could see the fire and smell the smoke.
Then I cried out
I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry.
Today when you give blood the Red Cross has an app that allows to trace the processing of the blood and where your blood ended up to be given to a someone in need.
A blood donor saved my life that day and I know His name, it was Jesus.
- My wreck was a life filled with sin, sin that would separate me forever from God.
- I was trapped in this life, in bondage, oblivious to the condition of my life, until the truth set me free.
- Everything was upside and contrary to God, it was confusing seeking what my heart wanted in the ways of man.
- Darkness ruled my life and made it impossible to find any purpose or meaning except my sin and my pursuit of sinful desires.
- Fear began to fill every breathe when I came to consider the what if of this life. What if I am not right before God.
- Anxiety over making a mistake paralyzed me, draining all strength and energy.
- Despair and death were constant companions.
- Fire and smoke were the reality of eternal life without God, the never ending pain of separation from God who I thought I was pleasing with my life.
I called upon the Lord
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
A blood donor saved my life and His was the original red cross. Jesus’ blood redeemed my life from sin. He saved me from the wreck of my life. I now have a new heart, a new life, hope, and joy. I have been redeemed.
Give the gift of life to someone you love. Lead them to Jesus and see the miracle of redemption in their life. Yes I was in a wreck and my Blood Donor Jesus saved me when I was 12 years old.